Roasted Spring Vegetable Farro Salad
Chewy, nutty farro helps make this salad good for the cool nights of early spring or anytime you want a particularly hearty vegetarian salad.
Prep: 25 minutes plus cooling - Roast: 20 minutes - Serves: 4
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup pearled farro
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 cup quartered radishes
- 1 cup snap peas, halved diagonally crosswise
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons lemon herb vinaigrette
1. Preheat oven to 425°; line rimmed baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Prepare farro as label directs; cool completely.
2. In large bowl, toss mushrooms, onions, asparagus, radishes, snap peas and 2 tablespoons vinaigrette; spread on prepared pan. Roast vegetables 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender; cool slightly.
3. In same large bowl, toss farro, vegetable mixture and remaining 1/4 cup vinaigrette. Makes about 4 cups.
Serving size: about 1 cup
Approximate nutrition values per serving: 262 Calories, 7g Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 246mg Sodium, 43g Carbohydrates, 8g Fiber, 4g Sugars, 0g Added Sugars, 10g Protein