Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
This Strawberry Rhubarb Pie is the perfect combo of strawberries and rhubarb all baked together in a homemade buttery, flaky pie crust.
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 pound fresh rhubarb, chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place one pie crust into your pie dish. Cut your other pie crust into one inch strips for the lattice top.
- Whisk corn starch and ¼ cup water until well blended. In a medium sized pot, combine corn starch mixture with rhubarb and sugar. Heat over medium low heat until thickened or about 10 minutes. Combine with strawberries. Let sit for 30 minutes. Add mixture to pie shell. Place small pads of with butter dotted over topping.
- Arrange dough strips into lattice pattern and tuck ends under. Beat egg yolk and brush onto top of crust. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees F until golden and bubbly, about 35 minutes. Turn oven off and allow pie to remain in warm oven for 15 additional minutes. Remove from oven and cool on rack. Serve pie warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.